East-West Seed sells approx. 40-45 million seed packages per year including 10 million Go Grow packages. Our current seed packets and made of aluminum, which takes a long time to dissolve in the soil. We are therefore looking for more environment friendly packaging, especially for our Go Grow range which already reduces aluminum use to 50%, packed in a cardboard wrapper with grow instructions.
Tasks and responsibilities include :
• Research options for biodegradable seed pouches, firstly as desk research in the Netherlands (or any country the student is currently based) and afterwards to be continued in Thailand.
• Investigate certification of biodegradable material, if applicable.
• Make a business case on the impact on OPEX, showing comparative analysis of costs of old vs new.
Are we looking for you?
• An explorer kind of person
• Analytical mind
• Business/strategic thinker
• Good communication skills
• Strong in English language
Please send your motivation letter and C.V. to Renee Snijders (email@example.com) before December 10, 2017. In case of any additional questions, you can also send an email to Mrs. Snijders.Apply now